- International Flood Initiative (IFI)
- Integrated Flood Management under/after the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Climate Change Adaptation: IPCC/AR6 and Actions to be Taken
- River Basin Disaster Resilience and Sustainability by All
Themes for Submissions to be Presented in Parallel Sessions:
- Submitted abstracts on each theme will be divided into parallel and poster sessions.
- Lessons Learnt from the Recent Flood & Sediment Disasters towards Better Understanding and Actions
- Data Integration, Modelling, Forecasting and Early Warning
- Assessment of Changing Global Risks and their impacts on flooding
- Flood & Sediment Disaster Counter Measures: Structural and Non-structural Approaches
- Flood & Sediment Disaster Resilience: Shock Absorption, Response and Transformation
- Flooding Governance and Finance
- Education and Capacity Building for Effective Flood Management
- Interlinkage between Flood & Sediment Disaster Resilience and the SDGs: Interdisciplinary and Transdisciplinary Approaches
- Compound flooding disasters
- Systems approach to management of floods
- Submitted abstracts on each topic will be divided into parallel and poster sessions.
- One-hour poster view including indexing with one page PPT. for 100 seconds at the end of Plenary session each day.
- Erich Plate Poster prize
The ICFM9 has accepted a total of 266 abstracts for its ten thematic sessions. The conference is now calling for proposals for special sessions to discuss cross-cutting, area-specific, or other uniquely themed issues. The following types of meeting rooms are available to hold special sessions:
||Cost (JPY per 90min. session)
Proposal due: 31st October 2022 (on a first-come-first-served basis due to the limited room availability)
Please note that abstracts and extended abstracts that will be collected by special session conveners without the ICFM9 review process are not allowed to be submitted to the PIASH special issue though they will be shared electrically during the conference.
If you're interested, please contact ICFM9 Secretariat at email@example.com.
Booth exhibitions – proposal-basis
Side Events – proposal-basis
Half day Visit to Research Institutes in Tsukuba: February 21, 2023 (PM)
Field Trip: February 22, 2023